- Complete the Online International Student Application.
- Spring = November 1
- Summer = April 1
- Fall = June 1
- The application will ask you for your field of study. To help you make your selection, go to our list of degree programs.
- Pay the application cost of $60 USD.
- Send us your TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo scores.
- Send a copy of the photo page of your passport.
- Send us proof of finances, showing your ability to pay for one academic year at MSSU.
**The evaluation process can take as long as six weeks, so start now to guarantee your transcripts arrive to MSSU on time.
- If you are a transfer student who has taken university classes outside the US, you will need to have your transcripts evaluated by an approved 3rd party evaluator. World Education Services Inc (WES) (http://www.wes.org) and SpanTran are the Preferred Evaluators.
- Other Approved Evaluation Services:
- A2Z Evaluations, LLC http://www.a2zeval.com
- Academic Evaluation Services, Inc. http://www.aes-edu.org
- Center for Applied Research, Evaluations, & Education, Inc. http://www.iescaree.com
- Education International, Inc. http://www.educationinternational.org
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. http://www.ece.org
- Educational Perspectives, nfp. http://www.edperspective.org
- Educational Records Evaluation Service Inc. http://www.eres.com
- E-ValReports http://www.e-valreports.com
- Evaluation Service, Inc http://www.evaluationservice.net
- Foreign Academic Credential Service, Inc http://www.facsusa.com
- Foreign Eduacational Document Service http://www.documentservice.org
- Foundation for International Services Inc http://www.fis-web.com
- Global Credential Evaluators, Inc http://www.gcevaluators.com
- Global Services Associates, Inc http://www.globaleval.org
- International Academic Credential Evaluators, Inc http://www.iacei.net
- International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. http://www.icdeval.com
- International Education Research Foundation, Inc http://www.ierf.org
- SpanTran Evaluation Services, which offers a discounted evaluation for new MSSU students.http://www.spantran.com
- Transcript Research http://www.transcriptresearch.com
- World Education Services Inc http://www.wes.org
- Your grades need to be converted to an American 4.0 grading-scale and a course by course evaluation
Have your evaluation sent to:
3950 East Newman Rd
Joplin, MO 64804
- English Requirements
- To join our regular academic courses, you must have evidence of English proficiency from one of the categories below. If you are from a non-native English-speaking country, you are required to send us proof of your English language proficiency. We recommend you take one of the listed tests and send us your scores.
- Academic Requirements - you must meet the following academic requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 2.25 or graduate in the top 50% of your class.
- If you have completed 3 or more years and graduated from a US high school, English requirements are waived.
- Third-party evaluations for all college transcripts for courses taken at an institution outside the US. Must be course-by-course with GPA.
- Outside US
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Be in good standing at previous institutions
- Inside US
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Be in good standing at previous institutions.
- Completed English Comp 1 & 2 with “C” or higher will waive English requirement
- Additional Requirements
- Be fully immunized against Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), and Meningitis. These may be done during orientation.
- Be able to meet the requirements for an F1 Student Visa (or J1 Visa if attending as an ISEP student)
Please read through everything carefully on this page before you submit your application.
- Make sure you apply as an international student.
- Be ready to pay the non-refundable $60 application charge.
- Look through our ‘majors and minors’ to make sure you are applying for the correct program.
- Be sure to include a scanned image of your passport photo with your application.
- Have your high school or university transcripts translated into English.
- Send your college transcripts from institutions outside the US to one of the preferred third-party evaluators. Must be course-by-course with GPA. (This takes up to 6 weeks, so make sure to have this done early).
- Send us proof of your finances showing you can pay for a year’s tuition at MSSU.
- For information on tuition, please visit here.
- Have a look at the F1 Student Visa requirements and make sure you are familiar with the process of applying for a student visa.
- Come up with a plan to cover your tuition costs. Have a look at our offered scholarships and payment plans.
- Look at the housing options and choose an option.
- Make sure to note all important deadlines and create an application timeline for yourself.
If you plan to study in the United States, you will need to apply for an F-1 student Visa (or J-1 student visa if you are an ISEP student). In order to apply for the F-1 student visa, you will need to have an official I-20 from Missouri Southern State University. Please see the checklist below for required documents needed for issuance of the I-20 form. If you are an ISEP student, they will issue you the DS-2019 needed for the J-1 student visa.
- Admission to Missouri Southern State University
- Copy of the name page from your passport
- Financial verification for one academic year, expenses including tuition, fees, insurance, and cost of living.
- Bank Statements
- Affidavit of support
- Sponsorship or scholarship awards
- If you are currently attending another university in the U.S. on an F-1 student visa, you will need to submit the MSSU transfer-in form.